Social Media Strategist
Job Id: REQ-0002475
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Social Media Strategist, you will build the overall long-term social media strategy, and drive social campaigns and initiatives of multiple games to fulfill the expectations of both Riot and players. This includes launching, planning and operating official social media accounts for driving player passion for Riot’s multi-products. In a very collaborative environment, you will work with various internal teams and external partners to create the best practices in order to realize Riot’s vision.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you will join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Develop social media strategies for Riot’s multi-products and drive content creation, activations, channel management, and storytelling framework on social media.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams including global Rioters, all to develop player insights that drive development of our presence in the social space.
- Work with agencies and vendors to develop social activations, content, and social campaigns that support key initiatives of all Riot’s products.
- Identify opportunities and follow the latest social media trend to develop and implement programs that drive long term social media fandom.
- Analyze overall performance of official social channels both qualitatively and quantitatively, and improve our next social activations.
- Experienced: you ideally have 7+ years of related experience or deep knowledge in digital marketing, preferably with deep knowledge and a strong track record of managing and growing social media.
- Bilingual (English speaker): you are fluent in English and Korean with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- Multi-tasker: you manage multiple campaigns simultaneously and effectively while managing your time based on given priority.
- Excellent communication skills: you know which is the best way to communicate with others in specific situations and follow the way.
- Player-focused: you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of gaming in Korea; you are ready to put your extensive gaming experience to work and build marketing initiatives that the players in Korea want to see.
- Stay hungry, stay humble: you are a person who believes that there is always more to learn from each other, from players, and approach each problem with optimism, ambition, and curiosity.