Staff Software Engineer - Tools & Pipeline - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0002688
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
As a Staff Software Engineer - Tools & Pipeline on League of Legends, you will be assisting the substantial art team to produce player facing content by producing new or improving existing tools, automated processes, and tests.
The weight of the position requires collaboration with all art (& technology) disciplines (Animation, VfX, SfX, QA etc) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use. For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners. Our tools are written in C++ that make heavy use of the QT ecosystem and we also use Python for several utility needs.
- Provide engineering support to technical artists on tools & pipeline enhancements, including systems analysis, design reviews, and code reviews
- Work with all the stakeholders (artists, TA, producers) to create new needed tools
- Communicate with all the stakeholders to identify and fix pain points and blockers
- Analyze the existing codebase to identify Tech debt and propose solutions to clear them.
- 5+ years of deep hands-on experiences with C++ working on Content tools & pipeline (e.g., within Gaming, Simulation, AR/VR) or 3D content production (Maya/3DS Max)
- Experience working with Artists and/or Tech Artists (e.g., Requirement gathering, Feedback process, workflow analysis etc)
- Experience working with QA, test environments and secure deployment
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way
- Experience developing for a large quantity of users over multiple sites.
- Understanding of UX and UCD (User Experience process, User Centric Design process)
- Experience Working with Qt or similar C++ UI library.
- Experience working with Scripts (Python)
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live games
- Experience working on the low-level Game Engine
- Solid experience of handling Technical Debt on a 5+ year project
- Having experience building tools & pipelines that are scalable and maintainable with a focus on content production/artwork (VfX, Animation etc)
- Technical team leadership experience
- Experience working across timezones
- Mandarin spoken/written
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits