Game Producer II, Player Expressions & Metagame - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002700
The Player Expressions & Metagame (PXM) initiative manages objectives for players and metagame elements like quests, collection, social features and purchasable cosmetic items. As a Game Producer with a product focus, you’ll help concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You’ll lead a team of talented developers and guide efforts to ship creative game systems and features. Every day, you will make important decisions to react to new information, prioritize efforts, and create a healthy team environment.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is Riot’s collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. Reporting to the PXM Initiative Lead, you have a holistic vision of product goals and priorities that you will translate to the team for execution.
- Partner closely with the Initiative Product Lead (IPL) on translating product vision into roadmaps and development plans for your feature team.
- Own product direction and KPIs for your feature team. Ensure the execution meets player expectations and the business goals you set.
- Communicate the vision of features and hold the team accountable to the broader organization, players and partners.
- Partner closely with data analysts and researchers in understanding our players and continue to forecast their needs and motivations. Distill analytics and research data in driving product direction.
- Manage live triaging and trade-off decision making with holistic product health and team health in mind
- Ad hoc analyses such as scenario planning, benchmarking, and competitive analysis
- 3+ years of experience shipping games and features in a production/product management role
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games and regular patch cadences
- Excellent communication skills, empathetic collaborator, excellent stakeholder management; able to adapt communication style based on context
- Strategic planning, feature development, iterating live service
- Experience building frameworks; ability to deal with ambiguity and bring clarity and conciseness.
- Strong familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- Experience managing and shipping mobile games
- Passion for strategy games with an affinity to collectible card games
- Background in business management, data analytics or computer science
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.