Producer Intern (MBA) - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0002757
As a Producer, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer Intern on League of Legends Personalization, Immersion and Expression Initiative, you will report to a Game Producer and will support production for different types of teams, including content production, feature production, and events production.
You will get hands-on experience with and exposure to a broad swath of game production, from assisting with and running daily meetings and sprint ceremonies, to analyzing product results, communicating with stakeholders, and anything else required to ship world class features, content, and experience to players.
- Facilitate team activities, including standups, reviews, and/or retrospectives.
- Work with Strategic Advisory to understand our target audience’s needs and capture those needs into creative objectives or user stories.
- Create product briefs and presentations to lead team members on the expected product development
- Collaborate with other producers and lead to develop roadmaps and future plans for our products.
- Work with Strategic Advisory to interpret product performance results, implement learnings, and develop new experiments and features
- Shadow other game production activities, including Events, Content Production, Feature Development etc
- Passion about game development and monetization strategies
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of League of Legends, and/or have a deep understanding of the skins catalog, events, loot, store, event pass, or missions.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Understanding or practical experience of application of Agile and Lean development process and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field or equivalent experience is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Applications close January 10th 11:59PM and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.