Technical QA Analyst II - League, Gameplay
Job Id: REQ-0002929
Technical QA Analyst II - League, Gameplay
As a Technical QA Analyst II you will build tools to assist teams in making quality an everyday part of the Software Development Life Cycle. You understand the importance of quality upfront, and how technical debt can cripple a product long term; which ultimately affects the player experience. You will use your voice as a player to advocate for the best solutions both technically and experientially.
As a Technical QA Analyst II on the Competitive Team, you'll report to a QA Manager. As the quality owner for the team, you will set testing requirements with the product owner and engineers, holding them accountable to their commitments. You will use data to improve the efficiency and effect of quality development systems, making quality a key component at early stages of development. You will guide the implementation of static, dynamic, and verification testing processes and help design automated test solutions. You will own the quality, functionality, performance, reliability, supportability, and usability of core services for League of Legends including matchmaking, MMR calculations, and ranked seasons. You will ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and report on product quality. With player experience at the forefront of your mind, you'll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions.
- Own the implementation and socialization of the team test strategy for your products
- Create tools to improve quality of the development process
- Coordinate with external partner teams, overseeing and guiding their work
- Triage live incidents and run RCA’s for critical issues
- Work with Engineering to create and maintain documentation on technical systems
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation
- Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team's work
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
- Test Strategy, Planning, and Design.
- Understanding of test methodologies
- Product Development Pipelines and Workflows (Git, Jenkins, etc)
- Knowledge of web services topics such as HTTP, ReST, and JSON
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks and tools (e.g. Xunit, Selenium, Cucumber / Specflow, Appium, Postman)
- Experience working embedded on teams
- Three or more years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with at least one year in a technical quality role
- Experience in testing applications related to service reliability (ie. software, tools, services)
- Familiarity with Java, JS, and C++
- Comfortable working with a variety of technologies including desktop clients, hosted services, CI/CD/CT pipelines, and 3rd party platforms
- Experience with performance testing
- Familiarity with Microservice architecture
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.