Strategic Advisory Intern (MBA)
Job Id: REQ-0002976
The Strategic Advisory (SA) department empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of delivering player value, science, and helping others succeed.
You will select which product you prefer in your application submission.
In this role, you will report to the SA Lead on Central Tech, executing on one or more projects throughout the summer. Central Tech is the home of Riot’s Tech leadership, and contains teams that serve both game teams and corporate teams, such as Infrastructure Platform, which powers and runs Riot’s data centers, public cloud, platforms, and game servers, and Riot Data Products, which is the central data team for all games and corporate functions.
Riot Game Operations (RGO)
In this role, you will report to the Strategic Advisory Lead on Riot Game Operations (RGO), executing on one or more projects throughout the summer. RGO ensures that Riot's Game Studios run predictably, at quality and sustainably. RGO leads the "how" of the portfolio including greenlight, program management, and 3rd party operations. Our mission is to help games and platforms succeed simply and painlessly.
- An analysis of our game data solutions over time from a feature and cost perspective, and recommendations on where we could do better
- A deep dive into the products/services that Central Tech provides to other teams to create a process and system of attributing, and where applicable, charging out the cost of said product/service
- Working with game teams on forecasting how much infrastructure and technology they will need, and how much it will cost
- An analysis of all end-user software used at Riot, with a view to consolidate, pivot to better solutions, and/or negotiate better terms
- Leveling up our budgeting templates and models by, for example, factoring in seasonality or achieving higher forecasting accuracy through a deeper understanding of cost drivers
- Develop frameworks that guide senior leadership to think through complex or ambiguous problem spaces
- Evaluate drivers of operations issues, applying our data, interviews and benchmarks to achieve results
- Produce insights connecting outputs of analysis and reports to important goals, better informing RGO leadership
- Craft narratives that articulate problem spaces, identify core issues to solve, and provide reasonable recommendations and next steps
- Create communication materials such as models, presentations, and other forms of written documentation, tailored to the right audience level (e.g. management seniority, area of expertise)
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (People on OPT are eligible)
- At least one of the following skill-sets: finance, consulting, strategy, data analysis, data visualization. Bonus points if you have more than one!
- A lack of fear and eagerness to learn when it comes to tech-heavy knowledge and concepts, such as servers, connectivity, cloud computing and big data
- Relevant industry experience in tech, specifically with servers, connectivity, cloud computing, big data and/or others
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.