Insights Analyst Intern (MBA)
Job Id: REQ-0002975
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Insights Analyst Intern, you’ll join a team that is responsible for developing analytics and studies to help Player Support improve our services for players around the world. You’ll design studies and analyze datasets to develop strategic recommendations for our products or operational teams, and work with team members across Localization to help make them more data-informed.
As an Insights Analyst Intern on the Player Platform team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, create insights and frameworks that'll inform how we build our products and experiences, and work with our Product Leads and other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both our players and internal customers as well as the performance of our portfolio of products. You will report to the Strategic Advisory Manager.
Player Platform builds and operates the services used by the Riot game teams to achieve the best experience possible to players, including Player Dynamics, UX, client, e-commerce and more.
- Analyze player data and product results to find relevant insights
- Partner with product teams on prioritization of their efforts, accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Determine the best set of metrics and KPIs to measure product and feature performance
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes in front of business leaders and decision makers
- Share the results of your actions with your teammates, so everyone learns together
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (People on OPT are eligible)
- At least one of the following skill-sets: finance, consulting, strategy, data analysis, data visualization, research
- Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes are important functions
- Experience using SQL
- Advanced degrees in Management, Economics, Behavioral Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences
- Can take broad questions and refine them into tightly-defined data requirements
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using multiple business or product frameworks and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.