Senior Principal Brand Strategist - Global Marketing, Game Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0003077
At Riot, we think of marketing as a dialogue between our games and the players we made them for. A playful exchange that's free of BS, and full of wonder. Brand practitioners establish and express the why behind that exchange. We focus on inspiring product and marketing experiences that surpass expectations for players everywhere.
As the Sr. Principal Brand Strategist for Riot Brand, you'll work with product, marketing and creative partners to develop, defend and iterate the core strategy behind Riot's global brand. You will find meaningful insights that improve the experiences we create, the messages we communicate, and the problems we solve for players. Your work will guide outputs that capture the imagination of our global audience and create the generation of players and fans. You will report to the Head of Riot Brand.
- Develop, strengthen and iterate the Riot Games brand strategy.
- Work with insights partners and regional counterparts to develop global brand measurement goals for global.
- Drive player research, enhancing our knowledge of players, culture and opportunity space around the world.
- Provide insight to Product and Marketing teams, advocating for breakthrough experiences that differentiate Riot.
- Ensure that brand and creative output is aligned with Riot goals, audience and strategy.
- Write briefs for the most complex Riot-wide programs, expressing strategy that enables teams to bring it to life.
- Use brand positioning / pillars to fuel creative/design choices across the Riot brand and connected sub-brands.
- Inform guidelines that align games, esports and entertainment partners to Riot's brand strategy.
- 10+ years experience in brand strategy and planning experience
- Demonstrated expertise in brand DNA development and successful execution
- Experience mentoring/coaching brand strategy to more junior brand practitioners
- Experience conducting or overseeing player/consumer research
- Intimate knowledge of the fast-moving global games marketing landscape, current competition, innovations and trends and how they impact our business
- History of working with outside agencies and vendors
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences
- Experience working on products at all stages of development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and prioritizing the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.