Insights Researcher II - WR, Insights
Job Id: REQ-0003046
As an Insights Researcher II, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As an Insights Researcher II on the Wild Rift team, you’ll work with product teams to help make the game a best in genre experience for our players across the globe. You will partner closely with producers and designers to ensure that player needs continue to be met, and we make every minute players spend in Wild Rift exciting and memorable. You will support product research across a range of methods and capabilities, including market research, player surveys, focus groups, segmentation models, and more. You will operate as part of the Wild Rift Insights team, reporting to the Insights Manager, and frequently deliver findings to designers and leadership across the product.
- Conduct primary research including hypothesis generation, survey design, focus groups, sampling or recruiting methods, fielding, data cleaning, analysis, and presentation of findings
- Coordinate with game designers and product owners to identify key questions and hypotheses
- Use & maintain internal research tools including in-game player surveys
- Present research findings, methods, and recommendations to designers, product owners, and business partners
- Generate new product recommendations and hypotheses to investigate
- Applied experience executing both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, such as focus groups, interviews, market surveys, product surveys, A/B testing, and data analysis on large scale survey responses
- Familiarity with statistical methods for data analysis, such as clustering analysis, Conjoint, MaxDiff, or similar
- Proficiency with statistical tools (SPSS, R, etc.)
- Comfortable leading user discussions or moderating focus groups
- BA or BS in Psychology, Economics, or other research or social science discipline
- Four or more years of professional/academic experience in quantitative or qualitative primary research methods
- Proficiency with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, analysts, engineers, and other data disciplines
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.