Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay & Camera - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003162
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot’s exciting new games. With a specific focus on camera systems, you will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to build visual experiences that will fulfill our players’ impossible dreams. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering for the project.
- Lead technical development of innovative camera solutions for novel gameplay scenarios
- Build world-class tools in close collaboration with artists and designers to customize the look and feel of the player’s experience
- As development advances into production, design and lead implementation on robust, scalable, performant solutions.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience building dynamic camera systems for games or interactive media
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong OO programming experience
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Experience using game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience with art pipelines
- Experience with the prototyping phase of game development
- Experience with or interest in cinematography and related concepts
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).