Senior Software Engineer, Graphics - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003163
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive engine technology and provide other engineers and technical artists with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Research & Development focused on graphics, you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new game! You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build rendering systems and engine features to support one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining visual experiences to our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Be the rendering expert of the team
- Help build the engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Utilize deep understanding of how rendering systems are interlinked to proactively work across departments to instill best practices and advise on all things rendering related
- Work collaboratively with the Art team to help realize the overall vision of the game
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Expert in low-level optimization of C++
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common asset types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working with 1 or more game engines
- Experience with mobile and/or console rendering pipelines
- Interest in working on Stylized Rendering
- Experience partnering closely with artists
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with HLSL
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).