VAL Esports Event Production - NA Regional
Job Id: REQ-0003228
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. The League Championship Series (the LCS) represents the pinnacle of professional esports in North America. Recently Riot has put the “s” in Riot Games, adding Team Fight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT and soon Wild Rift to our roster of games. The NA Esports team is the group responsible for organizing and operating competition in each of Riot’s Games in North America. This includes defining regional policies for each esport and competition, driving competitive narratives, and supporting our teams, players and fans. Our vision is to bring joy to fans by fostering a thriving sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
As Line Producer, you’ll… be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, budget tracking, and financial management of our Valorant Esports Event portfolios. You will be an integral part of the esports production team partnering with multiple producers to make sure we allocate resources effectively, making financially informed decisions and deliver our shows on quality and budget. You will partner with our finance teams to ensure we understand how to track costs efficiently across multiple business units.
- Own the forecasting process for all of our Valorant esports events, using event strategy and scope put together with historical data to determine assumptions and estimations.
- Assist in our vendor sourcing and selection process, partnering with purchasing and our production partners to negotiate the best possible rates on venues, services, gear, and all aspects of the show.
- Actualize and finalize projects, collaborating with all teams within Valorant North America esports to ensure accuracy and tracking of budgets, and with finance to provide context when needed.
- Partner with Riot’s corporate finance team to determine workflows, set up tracking structures and look for efficiency opportunities in the process.
- Partner with third-party production companies to understand their finance and accounting workflows and determine the best way to integrate them into our model for best tracking and actualizing.
- Work with Riot’s accounts payable to make sure vendors are paid on time and there is process adherence.
- Find healthy ways to track and actualize in conjunction with our global financials, and third party production company financials.
- Look holistically at all Riot teams outside of Events that spend towards event budgets and develop processes of management and tracking for these spends.
- Assist with the creation of SOWs and processing vendors through our global finance system.
- 7+ years of experience in production.
- 3+ years of experience line producing.
- Hands-on experience as a line producer or senior production manager, with a solid background in project management and production operations.
- Solid financial management skills in a production environment.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.