Senior Visual Designer - TFT
Job Id: REQ-0003250
Visual Designers at Riot Games seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer on Teamfight Tactics, you will report to the Visual Design Lead. You will be responsible for defining the overall quality bar and delivery of the UI in TFT, both in-game and out of game on PC and mobile platforms. Your scope of responsibilities involves working with UX designers on maintaining new features and set releases, while also doing R&D on large future improvement with a focus on the overall art quality and dev process of the game’s UI. You will develop mastery of League’s UI engine, and raise the bar on its capabilities in collaboration with engineers and technical artists. You will develop high quality targets, create UI assets, work with outsourcers when needed, and maintain the structure and pipeline of source assets in Photoshop and Figma, in order to unlock the rest of the team and future artists.
- Develop UI and HUD solutions for TFT with an understanding of layout, color, value and interactive systems design
- Team up with UX designers, product and Motion Graphics to develop experiences both in-game and out of game
- Plan out work with the team and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to implementation in-game
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized for the game
- Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
- Master your use of Riot UI Engine and tooling to bring designs to implementation with the engineering team, and push for improvements to workflow
- 3+ years of industry experience working with digital art
- BA or training in art fundamentals
- Strong sense of composition, color, value and 2D art fundamentals for Visual Design
- Produce Matte Illustrations and compositions using sourced artwork, 3D captures, and 2D mastering techniques
- Manage the creation and tracking of regular set release content for multiple systems
- Experience with Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes, and layer organization
- Experience working with tools to generate, export, and manage image assets
- Strong familiarity with Figma Library development and component management
- Understanding of working in game tools and engine
- Ability to create logos, symbols, illustrative emblems and icons
- Experience developing briefs, target concepts and managing external vendors to produce final art
- Background in Mobile UI development
For this role, you'll find success through having an ownership mentality, a collaborative spirit, and a passion that prioritizes the delight of players. We are looking for a gamer at heart, passionate about competitive games and expression through personalization, and someone with a special knack for mobile.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.