Senior UX Designer, Mobile, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0003227
As a Senior UX Designer on VALORANT Mobile you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. You will be situated within our multiplatform group, where you’ll work with initiative leadership to set the design strategy and own design delivery across VALORANT’s mobile experiences - encompassing multiple features, often spanning across channels and teams.
You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other UX designers, visual designers, product owners, and technologists to achieve your goals, and to continue to improve the VALORANT player experience. Collaboration and communication will be key for this role, as you will become the point of contact for mobile UX on VALORANT.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (Find out more info on VALORANT). As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with Lead Designers, and your cross discipline teams, to produce strong UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts. You will report to the Senior UX Manager.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas.
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum delightful experiences).
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation and alignment frameworks, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies.
- 5+ years experience designing mobile experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for mobile
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/ capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, ui animation etc.
- Experience with Unreal engine
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.