Compensation Program Manager
Job Id: REQ-0003262
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don't just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with a deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Compensation Program Manager, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Compensation, you will bring knowledge and experience to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You help manage global compensation processes across the company. You will support the planning, design, and administration of global programs, market analysis, annual budget planning, compensation review, and systems/tools that support all our programs. You are a guardian of good pay practices and can help level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, and executive) of compensation.
- Help with the design, planning, and project management of global compensation processes in partnership with compensation team members and HRBPs across the company
- Work with the People Systems team on tool strategy, build, improvements, and enhancements of multiple compensation tools and reports
- Ensure structural and individual Rioter compensation data is maintained in all data sources through audits and work with relevant People team members to resolve any problems
- Help with the design, implementation, and maintenance of compensation training materials for several Rioter audiences
- Remain current on global compensation technical solutions and market best practices; introduce creative solutions to enhance internal programs
- Help lead global market analysis exercises by being familiar with major external survey methodologies and have insights in market data use globally
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing pay processes and recommend revisions that ensure they are consistent, equitable, and meet our strategic goals for Riot's most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Demonstrate growth, curiosity, and a consultative approach in guiding others through complex issues
- 3+ years of overall compensation experience with 1+ years of experience running programs and operations for compensation teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with planning and project management
- Experience working with partners to resolve complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions
- Advanced skills with Excel modeling and other reporting and data visualization tools
- Experience partnering with and educating colleagues from entry-level associates to senior leaders
- Prior Workday experience leading advanced compensation programs
- Familiarity with international pay practices
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.