Executive Assistant, Chief of Staff
Job Id: REQ-0003272
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. With the advent of Riot’s next generation of titles, Legends of Runeterra, Teamfight Tactics and VALORANT, Riot is building a broader and more complex entertainment footprint. But, no matter how robust Riot’s product offerings become, players will always be the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the player experience. The Television/Film team works to build a broader engagement with Riot’s universes through the creation of live action scripted series, feature films and original animation. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Executive Assistant, Chief of Staff you will support Riot Entertainment's Chief Content Officer in delivering on the entertainment priorities essential for Riot to create outstanding entertainment content. You will work with the executive to handle the daily management of complex work-flows, including: relationship management, schedule oversight, internal team communications, logistical planning for meetings, heavy calendaring and coordination of travel, and strategic projects. You will work closely with Riot Entertainment's Chief Content Officer and serve as his representative as needed. You will report to Riot Entertainment's Chief Content Officer.
- Manage calendars, coordinate events, and host high-profile groups of visitors and guests
- Develop an understanding of the group and Riot's priorities and commitments to ensure the executive's productivity daily
- Handle confidential information that requires care in deciding what is appropriate to share with whom for business purposes
- Navigate communications and other requests in a way that aligns with Riot's values
- Partner with external industry executives as spokesperson for Content Officer, ensuring visibility back and forth and ensuring essential updates provided
- Coordinate meetings, ensuring upfront clarity on agenda, structure, goals and follow-up actions
- Manage executive travel and oversee team travel itineraries
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs
- Identify and take on ad-hoc projects - everything from defining new opportunities to completing essential projects
- 5+ years of supporting executive leaders in a chief of staff, program management or similar capacity
- 8+ years coordinating and project managing cross-company projects with multiple executive partners including budgeting, complex scheduling, travel, and content planning
- 5+ years experience working with and coordinating events with high-profile external entertainment industry partners
- Expertise in operational efficiency with the ability to build systems and tools designed to empower the team
- Experience leading project teams with frequently shifting priorities
- Experience creating internal communications and executive-level presentations
- Experience designing and implementing processes to keep everyone aligned and on track
- Sense of initiative and drive to solve problems
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Results/action oriented with project management skills
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business Administration
- Google Workplace expert
- Experience supporting an executive in the entertainment industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.