Senior Visual Design Artist (Contractor)
Job Id: 4543
Riot Visual Designers want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers work with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Design Artist on the Content Experiences team, you will develop visuals to support new content and products, develop style guides and improve upon our existing design work in and around the game.
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that shows a grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Work with art, game design, and UX design to create a compelling visual experience that meets the goals for player interaction
- Create assets through each stage of development, driving the development of concepts from early ideation all the way to implementation in game engine
- Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create seamless player experience
- Experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual design.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Expert knowledge of Adobe products
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline
- Experience in Figma
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!