Software Engineer, Build & Release - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003314
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive engine technology and provide other engineers and technical artists with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer focused on Build & Release within R&D, you’ll leverage (and grow) the breadth of your knowledge on CI/CD, automation, and game development, to best empower R&D Game Teams. You’ll work in a cross-disciplinary team and collaborate deeply to develop solutions that maximize the team’s productivity, and then grow those specific solutions into shared foundations impacting all of R&D. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Design, implement, maintain, and extend the build and automation ecosystem used by the team, across all platforms
- Partner with the Core Tech Team to identify focus areas, opportunities, and needs on the team that may extend to other Game Teams
- Join forces with other disciplines to empower their workflows, and push the results into the Core Tech shared ecosystem
- Contribute to cross-team architectural designs and standards on build and automation, and implement relevant tools, workflows, processes and systems
- Collaborate with teams throughout Riot to leverage their expertise and solutions, and help shape the technical direction of the team’s game development ecosystem
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with Build & Automation Systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with C#, C++ and Game Programming
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams
- Experience with many of the tools in a game developer’s toolbox, and the curiosity and desire to learn even more of them
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).