Associate Art Director, Animation Art - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003344
As a member of the Animation team, you bring characters to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high quality animations for a diverse and rapidly growing universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and creatures. A great reel will showcase a variety of game-related animation, a strong foundation in the principles of animation, and an understanding of editing and cinematography. Also working to expand our current content pipeline, you will collaborate with designers and artists to develop new features and technologies. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
As an Associate Art Director, Animation Art on the Research & Development (R&D) team, you will be responsible to lead, set, and drive the vision for a project's cinematic-centric gameplay experience. You’ll identify the necessary roles required to execute the vision and build the team. The role requires an eye for cinematography, an understanding of how to frame action sequences, and an eye for editing. You’ll partner with design and engineering to implement and refine the supporting systems. You will report directly to the project's Art Director.
- Set an animation vision based on the game design that embodies the creative direction
- Build and manage animation team including technical animators
- Set product-wide animation goals and timelines
- Work closely with design to ensure the animation supports the game experience
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure an amazing player experience
- Create animation assets for highly iterative gameplay prototypes
- Create animated action sequences with energetic camera work
- Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Build, manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
- 10+ years of professional experience directing animation in the games industry
- 8+ years of professional experience working in Maya
- Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
- Professional experience working in Unreal
- Professional experience producing real-time cinematics
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with pre-viz’d action sequences
- Experience in cinematography/camera work
- Experience shipping a game title in Unreal
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.