Director, Partner Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0003444
As Director, Partner Marketing, you will set the bar for co-marketing programs that maximize the impact of Riot Games’ partner relationships, delivering mutual value across channels. You’ll bring a relentlessly innovative mindset and a desire to continuously build the Riot brand by redefining what’s possible in co-marketing. You will enhance Riot’s reputation as the premiere industry partner through your leadership in long-term relationship building and consistently effective, global strategies. You’ll deliver mutually-beneficial business results by enhancing the value of the execution, creating Player and Fan affinity for both Riot and its Partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading channel partner relationships (e.g. Twitch) as well as co-marketing excellence in channels. You will build a team that delivers results through ground-breaking strategy and culturally-impactful execution in collaboration with multiple constituents across Riot.
Your primary collaborators will be Business Development, Brand and Regional Marketing, and Connections Planning.
- In partnership with Business Development, you’ll redefine boundaries in partner co-marketing and create transparency to the marketing value of execution.
- In collaboration with enterprise-wide Brand and Regional Marketing, you’ll support both long-term and opportunistic partner relationships, striving for unique business- and reputation-building experiences, programs and content that earn Player attention and community respect while exciting new-to-Riot audiences worldwide. You’ll ensure that opportunities are surfaced and connected across Riot’s games, esports and entertainment portfolio, that objectives and strategies tie back to Riot and partner goals, and that best practices in co-marketing are shared universally.
- Connections Planning will be your ally in integrating partner co-marketing with enterprise marketing across Riot, connecting the dots between streaming partners, earned media partners, paid media partners and brand partners, in service of delivering an exceptional Player and Fan experience in channels.
Your collaboration skills will bring Riot results through increased leverage and value delivery. Your top-notch negotiation skills will ensure that the experiences brought forth will be strategic, impactful, measurable and consistently authentic to Riot brand and IP. You’ll guide bespoke teams of direct reports and constituents to collectively deliver unparalleled Player and Fan experiences with partners.
Channel Partner Relationships
- Own 3rd party channel relationships at the enterprise level, drive opportunity creation, innovation and maximum value to Riot. Collaborate across Riot games, esports, entertainment and Regions to bring opportunities to life.
- Connect the dots across 3rd party channel partners and other partners, including media, 1st party and brand partners, to drive exponential impact
- Collaborate with Business Development to inform partner and deal valuation from a channels perspective
- Represent Global Marketing at the enterprise level in partner negotiations, ensuring deal terms are mutually valuable and fully executable
- Ideate and advise on mutually beneficial channel strategies across partners and Riot enterprise (Games, eSports, Entertainment, Regions)
- Set standards that ensure channel plans and executions meet and exceed the objectives of all parties and the expectations of Players and Fans
- Drive innovation and new business models in partner channel programs
- Build a collaborative cross-Riot co-marketing operating team that includes a strong network of marketers in regional offices, working together to execute with local relevance and excellence
- Build, deploy and develop a team capable of supporting Global Marketing as it grows
- Ensure accountability by driving excellence in measurement, analysis and reporting
- 10+ years experience in marketing and/or communications, with hands-on experience in partner marketing management
- A track record of success building strategic relationships with partners and navigating multi-partner partnerships
- Experience in developing and executing integrated marketing programs that include partner co-marketing
- An innovation mindset along with a deep understanding of the possibilities and potential for co-marketing across digital marketing, influencer, experiential marketing, PR and owned channels
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams on complex projects with significant stakeholder alignment from ideation to execution.
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills. Strong orientation on effectiveness and long-term growth.
- Experience working and collaborating within a global organization and structure
- Culturally present and aware of player, entertainment and marketing trends globally
- Direct experience working in gaming or entertainment a plus
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.