Animation Artist II - League, Champions
Job Id: 4599
As a member of the Animation team, you bring champions to life through classic animation principles and body mechanics. You will create high quality animations for a diverse and rapidly growing universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and creatures. A great reel will showcase a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact. Also working to expand our current content pipeline, you will collaborate with designers and artists to develop new features and technologies. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
As an Animation Artist II for League of Legends’ Champions Team, you'll report into the Animation Art Lead. You will work directly with your pod, collaborating with them in creating new champions and champion updates for League of Legends Champions Team.
- Produce vibrant and exciting new animations for League of Legends in-game content, to be delivered to a global player base.
- Collaborate in a cross-disciplinary environment in the creation of in-game content.
- Serve as an active participant in group critiques, discussions, and reviews.
- Be able to refine feedback from multiple sources, and implement changes to your work, accordingly.
- Learning and working with new proprietary tools to develop in-game animation sets for new champs
- Be an active member of the broader Animation Community at Riot Games.
- 3+ years of game development Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Skill in animating body mechanics, using acting, strong posing and storytelling techniques
- Experience with physical motion, balance, texture, form and a firm grasp on the animation principles.
- Excellence in collaboration and communication
- Strong ability to work collaboratively, with a great team-oriented attitude.
- Broad knowledge of LoL skins, Champions and League IP
- Strong sense of game design and gameplay.
- Strong sense of action and timing in animation.
- Isometric camera game development experience.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.