Researcher II - Riot Game Operations, Game Operations Ideation
Job Id: REQ-0003695
The Strategic Advisory (SA) department empowers Rioters to make better decisions by helping them structure problems, and source and use data in the process. We're an interdisciplinary group of analysts, consultants, strategists and researchers from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world, as well as Rioters in other parts of the organization who may be customers. We're a group united by our love of delivering value, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher II reporting to the Strategic Advisory Manager on Riot Game Operations, you will work with the Game Operations Ideation team, help with opportunity ideation for centralized game operations and create a repeatable methodology that transforms well-reasoned concepts into beneficial, standalone products. You will emphasize a user researcher skillset -- including surveys, focus groups, and market research -- to shape game operations strategy and new product incubation.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Work with your team to help establish research needs and produce the appropriate studies to meet those needs
- Develop surveys and focus groups to create authentic, applicable feedback
- Provide strategic insights to test design assumptions and inform a product in development
- Use storytelling skills to effectively share your results with leadership and other rioters
- Work with analysts and data scientists to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- Analyze and frame data into digestible frameworks and reports, delivering insights that focus on not just the "what", but the "so what" and the "now what"
- BA or BS in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Familiarity with a wide variety of research methods and their use cases
- Previous research experience in the video game or entertainment industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.