Manager, Production - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0003781
As a Manager, Production at Riot, you'll work with a team of accomplished developers and guide efforts to ship creative gameplay systems, features and content. The Player Experience and Metagame Systems (PXM) Initiative is a collection of teams. These teams work both independently and together with each other. Your challenge is to lead this dynamic group in translating the product vision into amazing player experiences You will also contribute to the executional strategy of Legends of Runeterra.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is Riot's collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you have a holistic vision of worksystems that you will manage to ensure delivery of the best game experiences possible for our players through an empowered diverse team of developers.
- Delivery lead for the PXM Initiative - Accountable for delivering all outcomes and outputs of this Initiative.
- People Management - Manage Rioters in the craft of production to use their skills while challenging their limits.
- Game-wide level production strategy - Create frameworks that help build LoR-wide production strategies that increase predictability, efficiency, collaboration and team health.
- 5+ years of experience shipping games and features in a production role
- 2+ years of experience in a people management role
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games and regular patch cadences
- Excellent communication skills, empathetic collaborator, excellent partner management
- Strategic planning, feature development, iterating live service.
- Experience building frameworks and production pipelines that others can use
- Familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- Experience managing and shipping in the collectible card game genre
- Passion for strategy games with an affinity to collectible card games
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience managing teams shifting from pre-production to production, from launch to live service
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.