Head of Studio, Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0002200
As the Head of Studio for Shanghai Game Studio, you will lead the creation of Riot’s game development studio in China. You’ll manage the leaders and teams that are building, launching, and growing Riot games in China. You will lead our new studio in Shanghai as a collaboration between Riot Game Studios and Riot’s Regional China Team. You will develop and grow this studio to ensure that Riot is able to tap into the great game development talent in China, building it into one of the top game development studios in China. You’ll work closely with other Riot team leaders to establish a studio strategy, align on creative and technical approaches, and develop strong go-to market plans. You’ll be responsible for ensuring Riot’s Shanghai studio develops games and content that delights players and delivers predictably and at Riot quality. You are also accountable for the team that serves as Riot’s primary interface to meeting product, technical, and regulatory requirements to ship in China. In all respects, you are ultimately accountable and responsible for the studio’s culture, budget, and strategic direction.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Riot China.
- Lead the development of the studio in collaboration with Riot’s game division and regional team in China
- Hire and develop the studio leadership team
- Establish and grow the studio to support the needs of Riot game development
- Collaborate with other Riot leaders to define strategic direction for the studio
- Partner with global game operations and production leadership to align on roadmap and priorities
- Define and manage the studio budget, staffing plans, and performance management
- Build strong local relationships with government agencies, other game developers/publishers in China, and Tencent
- Assist business development with analysis and evaluation of development partnerships in the region
- 10-15 years of game industry experience
- 10+ years of building and leading development teams
- Experience taking AAA, games-as-service titles from pre-production to release
- Basic Mandarin capability with desire to become more fluent over time
- Experience building a game studio or company from the ground up
- Experience working with Tencent or other large publishers in the region and their studios
- Awareness of and experience with the game development culture and community in Shanghai / China
- Fluent in Mandarin
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).