Brand Manager - LoR (Shenzen base) (Contractor)
Job Id: 4488
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
- Support the current Riot and Tencent teams on preparing the launch of new game in China on both publishing and product sides.
- Work and align across multiple teams to lead social, commerce and other game features
- Support all launch and release activities not limited to tech, publishing, and live ops
- Work across multi-functional teams to facilitate creative development, content support, ecommerce tactics, localization and gameplay analytics
- Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement between leads to make decisions that affect game service and operations in China
- Track content performance and player sentiment as a day habit, compile analytics to better inform how well different contents reach, inform and engage players thus further improving the content strategy
- Experienced : You ideally have 3+ years of related experience or deep knowledge in marketing, you have experience in working with cross-cultural teams, as well as remote team management
- Bilingual Communicator : You are fluent in English and Chinese with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- Gaming & Entertainment market knowledge : You have deep empathy and insights for the wants and needs of the next generation of audiences entering the market.
- A Strategic Thinker: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- Player-focused : You understand die hard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences
- Stay hungry, stay humble : You are a person who believes that there is always more to learn from each other, from players, and approach each problem with optimism, ambition, and curiosity.
Employment type: employment contract with FESCO Adecco, a professional personnel company in China
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.