Software Engineer III - Riot SDK
Job Id: REQ-0002512
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer III in the Player Platform, Riot SDK team, you'll help Riot bring our software development kits to console platforms. This team creates development tools and solutions for Riot's internal game teams as well as external game studios who are looking to build games powered by Riot's Player Platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, ensuring game developers can easily and natively integrate with Player Platform's services and capabilities.
Player Platform looks to deliver incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot's game teams working across:
- Console, Mobile and PC development environments
- Game engine middleware such as Unity 3D, Unreal Engine and internal Riot game engines
- 1st party and 3rd party technologies and SDKs
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Riot SDK team within Player Platform.
- Contribute to architecture and solutions that support integrations with console platforms
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews
- Lead a process in defining technical outcomes, tools and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot's game developers
- Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support
- Work with game team's technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience shipping multiple games to at least one of the following platforms: XBox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch
- Significant hands-on experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).