Director of Game Publishing - NA Regional
Job Id: REQ-0002678
As Director of Game Publishing, you will drive our marketing, programs, and content efforts towards the North American & Oceanic audiences. You are a leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, have experience managing ambiguous situations, and are used to delivering on tight turnarounds. You're eager to design and develop experiences that genuinely and measurably engage players.
In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams to create and execute Go-to-Market plans in collaboration with product publishing teams and coordinate efforts with our Global Publishing group.
- Create focus within your teams: guide them in the priority-setting process, eliminate blockers, and facilitate execution
- Build and run a highly capable team that delivers top-notch publishing and community involvement to English speaking players and media partners
- Use research and analysis to formulate integrated marketing plans to support new game launches, updates, and additions to existing games.
- Evaluate and manage budgets and performance across channels, making recommendations for optimizations in our portfolio.
- Influence our players’ behavior to meet business objectives, e. g., awareness, trials, engagement, and monetization.
- Ensure alignment and prioritization of resources and provide visibility of project and program progress by collaborating with operational resources.
- Define/execute the roadmap of daily, weekly, monthly events and promotions to increase engagement, retention, and monetization, based on a deep understanding of metrics.
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Analyze and monitor key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior. Quickly detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/execute rebalancing plans with the rest of the publishing organization and inform central product teams of the findings.
- A games publishing veteran steeped in brand, content creation, and community. You’ve worked on the launch of digital products (games, movies, apps). You’ve successfully utilized varied real-world and digital publishing techniques to create large-scale reach and satisfaction.
- Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right audience, in the right fashion.
- Aware: you have an eye for great assets that have an impact on our region while staying true to our global brand vision and direction.
- Lead by example: you build, lead, and inspire teams by walking the talk. You are self-aware, you can take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
- Talent driven: you know how to support Rioters in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions, set stretch goals. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers and will also actively manage performance issues
- Best practice thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of publishing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming and media companies
- Agile and organized: Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You have a “can-do” attitude with your team and colleagues.
- A strong communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation skills, can modify your presentation to varied audiences
- 10+ years of game publishing experience and at least 5 years in a leadership role
- 5+ years in a people management role with multiple senior reports.
- Extensive experience in managing awareness and user acquisition campaigns
- Direct budget accountability, experience managing and reporting on multi-million dollar budgets
- Experience launching a AAA video game, entertainment franchise or a tier-1 CPG products
- Driving & commissioning quantitative analysis to enhance decision making
- Comfortable & experienced presenting results and suggestions to senior and executive management
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.