Job Id: REQ-0002862
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As a Manager, Accounting, you will play an important role in maintaining and developing core financial and operational processes in an evolving environment. You will assist with financial statement preparation, analysis, oversight and validation, and managing project-based initiatives. You'll need to be hands-on, understand accounting processes and a keen ability to collaborate with different teams.
- Participate in and direct our monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, perform trend analysis and validate the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Perform technical accounting research to assess the accounting impact of complex or new transactions
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to streamline and automate processes
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization, including finance, HR, IT and other functions within the company
- Develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting organization
- Help manage the external audit, including preparation and ongoing support
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of progressive experience in a senior corporate accounting role (multinational technology or entertainment experience preferred) or public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, business processes and internal controls
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with the ability to positively navigate through change
- Customer focused in working with internal partners
- Operational experience
- CPA (or equivalent) license
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems (Oracle)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.