Senior Insights Analyst - Riot Game Operations
Job Id: 4517
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Insights Analyst on Riot Game Operations (RGO) you will ensure that Riot's Game Studios run predictably, at quality and sustainably. Riot Game Operations manages the "how" of the portfolio including greenlight, program management, 3rd party operations, and Riot's global studio strategy. Our mission is to help games and platforms succeed simply and painlessly. You will take care of insights and research programs for RGO and ensure leadership is equipped with decision-making support. You will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in creative ways to improve our understanding of internal user needs. You'll be an important driver in creating and operationalizing metrics that help drive the most player value across different groups. You will report to the Strategic Advisory Lead for Riot Game Operations.
- Identify research goals and establish and implement internal user research strategies
- Partner with RGO product and program managers to promote Riot wide partner agreement on what good is for operations metrics
- Create studies, surveys, and reports that give leadership a clear view of how game operations are doing and helps Riot achieve operational excellence
- Perform analysis on important business and product questions and present recommendations to product leadership and partners
- Play an active role in long term strategic planning for Riot Game Operations through partnering with Strategic Advisory, Finance, Data, and central teams
- BA or BS in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Applied Mathematics, or related disciplines
- 6+ years professional work experience in user experience research, business intelligence, analyzing large datasets and informing company strategy
- Proficient in multiple research methodologies
- Expertise in at least one quantitative method for understanding sentiment, needs, and survey preferences
- Experience creating presentations and convey complex or nuanced topics to senior leadership
- Leadership and partner management skills to balance business and customer needs
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database approaches
- Knowledge in Python or other scripting languages
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.