Staff Software Engineer, Console - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003318
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer focused on console development with R&D, you will use your understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while helping us prepare and deliver our game to consoles. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, and explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players. As we grow, you will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development. You will report to the Engineering Lead of the team.
- Work with technology and product leadership to develop our console development strategy
- As we grow, lead a team of engineers dedicated to building, optimizing and maintaining our game on consoles
- Participate in and guide technical design and implementation
- Contribute substantially to the codebase
- Oversee the quality and maintainability of your code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams
- 6+ years of game development experience, having shipped at least one multiplatform game
- Experience with console platform integration
- Excellent knowledge of common game and software design patterns
- Strong ability to collaborate with teammates across multiple initiatives and disciplines
- Product sense and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience shipping multigenerational console titles
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and optimization techniques
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).