Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As a Language Lead, your job is to improve our content localization process and identify ways for it to grow and meet the expectations of players. You believe that authentic localization brings clarity to gameplay and enriches the player experience. You'll reject cheap localization tactics and push to do things right, like finding voice actors for champions that resonate with local players. You'll meet high expectations for international content, promote localization transparency throughout Riot to encourage more involvement, and evolve practices on a global scale to increase efficiency.
As a São Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games São Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation. You will report to the Editorial Manager.
- Monitor the ongoing quality of localization delivered through vendors:
- Track indicators to establish trends and act on them
- Communicate daily with external resources to ensure full context
- Establish a solid cross-office partnership with operations team to load balance workload
- Provide guidelines to vendors and operations. Answer questions to ensure linguistic consistency across all content types
- Be the local Expert and primary point of contact for local Publishing and Esports teams:
- Provide relevant context on upcoming localization bits that may be locally relevant
- Answer questions to ensure local teams to create culturally-resonant campaigns
- Establish a quality bar for the language:
- Ensure that each Riot product has a local voice and standards through the creation of relevant documentation such as style guides
- Make sure that the established standards are met
- Provide feedback to Central teams with regards to cultural nuance and localization:
- Answer requests from Central teams to provide context around local specifics and culture
- Support product internationalization by engaging with Localization Production and raise visibility and assess risks
- Full proficiency in English
- Experience with bug tracking/project management software like Jira
- Experience with game string management databases and tools
- Project management and coordination of processes
- Can effectively communicate across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Strives under pressure, solution-oriented with the ability to identify gaps and propose a plan of action
- Proactive problem solver. Can navigate ambiguous situations to create the best outcome for players
- Experience with managing a MemoQ server for translators is a plus
- Experience with versioning software Perforce is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, children and pet
- Meal voucher and office catering
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.