Senior Arabic Copywriter (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Arabic Copywriter (Contractor), you’ll help build an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming, and rejection of convention. This is a contract role with a limited term.
As a Dubai Rioter*, you’ll join a small team that shares our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Dubai is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Middle East players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Write and edit top-tier quality copy for use on a variety of channels including blogs, websites, social media, forums, and presentations
- Localize in Arabic content and assets produced by our international teams
- Provide advisory services to team members who need help, constructively reviewing and/or editing creative work for strategy, angle, grammar, tone, voice, and creative quality
- Educated and experienced: you have perfect control of English and Arabic, as well as a degree in communication, literature, or media, and a special place in your heart for compelling copy in all of its forms; you have a successful creative writing track record with at least 10 years’ experience in either agency or in-house creative departments
- One hell of a writer: if a genie gave you three wishes, one of them would likely result in the eradication of words like "fun" and "epic" from the general lexicon; for you, writing is more than a gig, it's your craft
- An idea machine: your mind is an infinite source for creative concepts and inspired ideas
- A grammar guru: you hate everything about this bullet; and can spot grammar gaffes, improper punctuation and inconsistent writing from 1 mile away
- Team-oriented: you're a flexible collaborator who makes it safe for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives; you develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship and your preference for no-bullshit communication
- You are agile when it comes to your copy, capable of working not only with “White Arabic” but also other dialects from across the MENA region.
- Take Play Seriously: You work hard but always leave time for pentakills, pickup basketball, and impromptu (often coffee-induced) dance-offs; whether you’re grabbing a game of League or rapid sharing cat GIFs, you make time for daily play in all of its wonderful forms
- Intellectually hungry: you’re constantly feeding new information to the ravenous beast that is your brain and converting that info into actionable insight; your voracious appetite for learning is unencumbered by complex concepts, and you embrace and incorporate them with all synapses firing
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.