Analyst - Global Channel Publishing
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights team – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and accomplishing analyses that allow Rioters to make difficult decisions with certainty. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, and etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision-making will ensure that you’re an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
You will join the Global Channel Publishing team. As Global Channel Publishing, we want to enhance the player experience across Riot games and to increase the productivity of publishing through global channel excellence. You will help the team improve strategy and operations across the myriad ways Riot has to speak to players: from the in-game platform, to our websites, to third-party channels and partnerships. You will report into the Insights Team Lead for User Acquisition on the Worldwide Publishing team.
- Help partners map strategic goals and decisions
- Develop a scientific understanding of player behaviors and interactions with publishing channels
- Build business metric frameworks
- Work with publishers, marketers, and channel managers to understand our goals and needs
- Identify ways of measuring and attributing business impacts to publishing decisions or operations
- Provide insights into opportunities and market trends
- Collect data, field research, cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses
- Minimum of two years of professional experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing strategy
- BA in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, or a related discipline
- Expert with SQL, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Powerpoint
- Proficient in Tableau, Python, or other data technologies of choice
- Familiar with data engineering processes, such as ETLs (bonus for proficiency)
- Collaborate closely with and advising multiple partners, including all kinds of partners
- Experienced with advising business decisions through data and insights
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Familiar with survey research methodologies and analysis
- Professional experience working with publishing or marketing organizations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.