As Technical Producer in Tencent Technology Collaboration Group, you’ll be embedded in China game product teams to bring value to players in China. This includes working with central dev teams to understand the technology/architecture for all services and features we plan to release; You’ll optimize and guide the delivering process with our partner Tencent to ensure smooth landing of features in China; You’ll also promote and facilitate any technical discussion between Riot teams and Tencent Teams to achieve mutual understanding.
Tencent Technology Collaboration Group(TTCG) is a Team within Team China Tech(TCT). TTCG is majorly responsible in two goals:
- We’re working with China game production teams to ship platform/game features to players in China. It requires us to understand all the tech details of the system and working very closely with our partner Tencent to land the feature within schedule.
- We bridge technical communication between Tencent and Riot teams to enhance technology collaboration.
- Align highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Manage and track development schedules, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Implement agile work systems to ensure successful and sustainable product delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and stakeholder management
- Drive consensus on technical decisions, and ensure teams are staffed for high-quality results
- Improve the scalability and repeatability of Riot’s delivery pipeline to Tencent
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- 3+ years experience managing technical projects, through the full software lifecycle
- Bachelors in CS, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Broad technical understanding of common operational and development challenges
- Clear communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- 10% travel to Riot & Tencent offices in Shanghai and Shezhen
- Experience shipping games to China and/or collaborating with Tencent
- Experience working with distributed teams + facilitating effective virtual meetings
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, …)
- Manage project/task prioritization, and development schedules
- Experience with Linux system, Network, services, virtualization, database solutions.
- Understand microservice architecture, continuous integration & deployment flow.
- Scripting and automation with movement towards a DevOps capability.
- Have the hands-on experience to navigate around constraints while finding balanced tech solutions.
- Background in backend services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space of high-reliability systems.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).