Environment Concept Artist - Unpublished Fighting Game
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As an Environment Concept Artist for Project L you will help us build an exciting new fighting game featuring some of the most iconic characters in Runeterra. We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for our players to immerse themselves in our world. You'll work closely with the Art Director and other artists to define the style of the games environments. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will deliver new, delightful experiences to our players.
- Ability to work in a painterly highly stylized art style
- Ability to create complex matte painted elements across a wide variety of subject matter including; natural, fantastical and architectural elements
- Ability to create concept art that conveys the story through style, lighting, and emotional tone
- Need to be able to match 3D real-time rendered assets with exactitude
- Create environments that understand gameplay balance, and strong visual hierarchy
- Provide paintovers of 3D blockouts to help refine and polish the artwork
- Collaboration with the environment art and narrative teams and follow the Art Directors direction
- Set a strong example in craft, integrity, and culture
- 2+ Years industry experience
- Advanced skills in 2D Software - Photoshop, Painter or similar
- Traditional fine art skills with a deep understanding of composition and narrative through environment design
- Ability to create quick iterations and concepts as well as highly rendered images in illustrative style
- Experience in a lead role
- Skills in 3D software such as Maya
- Experience in the video games industry
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).