Senior Visual Designer - LoL Marketing
Riot Visual Designers want to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer on League of Legends Marketing team, you will report to the Associate Art Director. You will develop creative campaigns to support new content and products, build new and expand on existing brands, develop style guides and improve upon our existing design work. You'll collaborate with the Marketing Art Director, Associate Art Director, Brand Leads, Creative Leads, Writers and other artists. We have multiple opportunities available across our marketing teams which include League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and League of Legends: Wild Rift.
- Craft mood boards and work with the Associate Art Director, Creative Lead and Brand Manager to develop brand identities, brand kits and style guides
- Push the consistency and thematic resonance of a brand for a campaign, and develop new brands for future products and features
- Create and apply design solutions across multiple layouts, platforms, and devices
- Champion best practices and guidelines for brands you develop across the organization
- Develop pipeline and process improvements that achieve cohesive campaigns for the Visual Design community or Marketing Initiative
- Develop templates and standards to improve campaign consistency and efficiency
- Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to influence delivery goals
- Provide Feedback to external developers
- Mentor a small team of Visual Designers, improving their craft, process and consistency
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, including interactive design, UX/UI Design, live event branding
- Experience developing brand identity for a new product or rebranding an existing product
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience with mobile marketing executions (User Acquisition, App Store Optimization, Growth Marketing)
- Experience with social media marketing executions and multi-media campaigns
- Experience with Game Marketing
- Experience in a secondary craft such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Experience developing in Figma
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).