Development Manager - League, Personalization
Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we are focusing on continual improvement.
As the Development Manager for the Player Immersion and Expression, Content team, you'll report to the Delivery Lead for League of Legends’ Personalization initiative. You'll lead our content teams to achieve their goals by keeping projects on-track, keeping teams healthy, and keeping collaborators informed. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build flexible development plans including milestones and deliverables. You'll also partner with fellow servant leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment. Whether it’s re-imagining our League of Legends champion fantasies for an upcoming skin or designing a new set of Little Legends for Team Fight Tactics players, the Personalization team is focused on steadily shipping new stuff and constantly improving how we do it.
- Deliver content types (in particular Champion "skins") which are expected to be delivered on an assigned squad. Track performance of team through agreed-upon metrics
- Work together with diverse team(s) comprised of people across art and tech to deliver league wide events and experiences.
- Manage external vendors or contractors to accomplish the content delivery goals
- Create Product Briefs to educate team members on the expected product and art pillars to meet for a content type
- Oversee the creation, tracking, and delivery of League of Legends accessories which include wards, emotes, icons and borders.
- Apply risk mitigation tactics through fostering an in-game view of product iterations early and frequently, and remove impediments to the team's success (i.e. - surface production bottlenecks and discover root causes)
- Facilitate gatherings for ideation, scope planning, daily stand-ups, product review, and retrospectives. Occasionally, facilitate a team chartering or re-teaming activities
- Apply and help refine Personalization-wide production agreements such as templates or approaches
- Maintain high-levels of team happiness and individual satisfaction through regular measurements and actions to improve on them
- Collaborate with other Producers and Product Leads to develop forecasting roadmaps
- Improve the effectiveness of a team comprised highly of remote team members
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience managing game, application, or content production teams
- Experience improving work systems for teams
- Experience working with and leading agile teams
- Experience delivering complex projects involving multiple teams and external vendors through teamwork, leadership, and communication
- Familiarity with League of Legends skins catalog
- Experience delivering art content for games, animation, VFX or a related industry. Hands-on experience developing art content is a great plus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).