Software Engineer - Player Platform, Social Infrastructure
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Social Infrastructure team, you’ll build and support our Erlang-based portfolio of products as well as the C++ client libraries that game teams use to use our services. Social Infrastructure provides globally scaled and deployed services that power essential features used by players to get into games, receive notifications, and communicate through text and voice chat. Your expertise building large-scale distributed systems for millions of players will partner with your desire to bring value to and delight our players. This position will report to the Engineering Manager of the Social Infrastructure team.
- Develop and support Erlang based distributed services used by millions of players
- Develop and support the C++ libraries our game teams use to integrate with those services.
- Provide high quality software by writing unit, functional and integration tests
- Participate as a code reviewer for other members of the team
- Partner with product owners to create the best possible experience for players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Participation in our team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years industry experience
- Experience with developing, deploying and operating Erlang services or 2+ years experience with another functional programming language (Elixir, LFE, Haskell, OCaml, or Lisp) in a production capacity
- Experience writing and supporting distributed services
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform and Ansible
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).