Associate Art Director - LoL Marketing
Associate Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers an entire franchise campaign. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports and the campaigns they deliver.
As the Associate Art Director on LoL Inc. Marketing, you will report to an Art Director. Your role is to provide art direction and brand identity development alongside a multi-disciplinary creative team. You support your team through advocating for artistic quality and collaboration on the Marketing teams’ largest Franchise brand moments.
- Establish career goals for their reports
- Provide meaningful opportunities for growth and career development
- Ensure performance measurements and compensation is consistent with all leadership
- Grow the team and develop onboarding / offboarding plans
- Guide the development of efficient art pipelines and tooling
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation
- Provide feedback to external developers
- Determine skills and timing needed to achieve a successful campaign
- Accountable for producing assets that deliver on the creative strategy
- Review final work of all artists and give feedback to maintain quality and consistency throughout the campaign
- Ensure thematic cohesion / fidelity across the campaign
- Establish art style, tone and tactics for multiple features of a campaign
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer in branding or marketing related industry
- 2+ years of professional experience providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Solid knowledge of branding, design and the campaign creative development process
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Game publishing experience
- Knowledge of console or mobile marketing standards
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, console, and software development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project management experience
- Creative Tools such as figma, adobe creative suite, or video production tools
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).