As Esports Manager you will report into the Country Manager. You will lead the League of Legends tournament program for MENA&Turkey and provide players with competitive experiences that’ll set the bar above awesome. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, leadership, and passion for Esports will help you redefine what a community tournament can be, establishing new standards of greatness for Esports in the Turkey and MENA region. You'll work together with sponsors, players and teams, comb through community and audience metrics, track trends, and iterate on our best practices to bring out the highest-caliber competition that connects with players across the region. You'll work with the team to develop and drive new opportunities and support our monetization efforts for Riot’s European esports business. You have relevant experience in structuring and executing commercial approach with sports or esports related industries. You will be a part of the Istanbul based regional esports organization.
- Manage all levels of pro and semi-pro Esports, including: overall strategy and design, large-scale events (on and offline) production and promotion, broadcasting setup and operation, sponsors deal-making and relationship, teams interface, marketing cost management, and content coordination through various media
- Conceive and execute on strategies that compel players to make pilgrimages to Riot Esports events that'll leave them with positive, powerful experiences and memories
- Ensure brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy
- Find, win over, and manage relationships with premium brands who have the vision to sponsor Esports content and build lasting bonds with new vendors while fortifying the valuable relationships we already have
- Identify and evaluate appropriate business opportunities for Riot’s Turkey&MENA Esports, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations with local and international esports teams
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry
- You cultivate contacts that add value to Esports; your sharp written and verbal communication skills allow you to negotiate with vendors, partners, and sponsors
- Educated to BA/BS level ,
- 8+ years of experience in entertainment, sports or media marketing, or large-scale event production and promotion.
- Knowledge in project management, data analysis, marketing and digital channels are necessary.
- You have a track record of thoughtful leadership and high-level decision-making based on clear strategic goals and priorities; you can build a team from scratch
- You’re fluent in English, including all the jargon and lingo that gets shouted in-game
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.