Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing more than 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. On top of this, we’re currently building teams for VALORANT, a character-based tactical shooter, and Project L, our take on the fighting game genre.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams. The Hong Kong Studio is looking for talented, passionate people across all aspects of game development to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
We focus on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside of Los Angeles. As the Hong Kong Office Manager, you’ll drive the operations and logistical support teams, keep the office running smoothly, and plan the activities that’ll foster a riotous workspace. Your experience managing fast-paced offices combined with the powers of your attention to detail and sunny disposition will help drive your efforts to create an environment where Rioters will thrive.
As a Hong Kong Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- Shape, develop and manage office operations within Riot and implement improvements, including Facilities, People Operations, Finance, reception, internal and external events, and community involvement.
- Manage all workspace projects. Serve as the point of contact for all workplace space planning and lease management. Communicate plans to Riot stakeholders in IT, AV Media Systems, Talent, and Security. Coordinate constant Rioter churn and workspace requirements - moves, adds, changes, deletes.
- Lead and mentor the office support team.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires and help fellow Hong Kong Rioters from on-boarding onwards.
- Oversee and guide local payroll, benefits, and operations for various talent programs.
- Provide executive administrative support to our Hong Kong General Manager, including calendar management, travel booking, expense filing, and managing logistics for Riot Senior Leadership visits to Hong Kong.
- At least three years having managed a whole office with all the ins and outs, where you not only learned the ropes of office logistics, but have had to take ownership of broader initiatives beyond it.
- Having dealt with nuanced and sometimes confidential topics, you anticipate any required steps to safe - guard sensitive communications, financials and operations; your integrity and accountability show in your interactions with stakeholders, team members and players.
- collaborating and commingling with all types of people, and you care for the folks around you; when someone needs advice, your warm personality puts people at ease and you’re there to offer guidance and, ideally, cookies.
- As a problem solver when problems have appeared, you have been on the forefront to find a solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant.
- Bilingual in English and Cantonese, Mandarin is a plus.
- You've had experience driving areas beyond office management such as finance, on boarding of new employees, workspace planning, safety & security, team activities' organisation etc.
- You've been in the thick of setting up office spaces and reevaluating existing ones.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.