Senior Software Engineer (Unity) - Legends of Runeterra
That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technology, building creative and fresh solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide positive player value.
As a Senior Engineer on the Legends of Runeterra (LoR) team, you will be responsible for designing and building features in LoR’s Around-The-Game experience. This includes systems such as Social features and Game Modes.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to shape player experiences
- Give feedback to designers and artists on the technical tradeoffs of their designs
- Implement features in the Unity engine using C#
- Modify C# microservices to support Unity service calls for new features
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality code
- Deliver code to players in a bi-weekly release cadence
- Enable Artists and Designers to develop game content
- Code review the work of other Software Engineers on the team
- 5+ collective years professional experience across the following areas
- Game Development
- Unity Development
- UI/UX Systems design and architecture
- Experience building Content Tools and Pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Experience working closely with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
- OO experience in C#, Java, or C++
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing of software
Additional insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profis
We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. Apply below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter.