Senior Game Producer, Events, Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0007611
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Events Game Producer, you will report to the Production Lead of Wild Rift. You are accountable to delivery and execution for Wild Rift Events to ensure development deadlines are met and that the team is working sustainably. You are accountable to build, maintain and improve work systems and processes by correctly identifying root cause problems and escalating or fixing the problem. You will collaborate with our internal and external partners to deliver Wild Rift events for rest of world regions.
This position is based in Shanghai, but may involve travel to Shenzhen. There may be one time travel to Los Angeles.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Create and maintain Wild Rift Events delivery schedule, including content calendar
- Build, maintain and improve work systems and processes that ensure events are produced and delivered on time, and that teams are working sustainably
- Ensures team health, Event output and quality continuously improves as the team grows over time
- Drives all Events/Promo deadline management, determines whether work is acceptable to graduate all production phase gates
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external teams to drive alignment, radiate Events scheduling, escalate team blockers
- 8+ years of project management experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in Live Operations lifecycles in Mobile Free to Play
- Strong organizational skills and mindset
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Business proficiency in English
- Experience in running best practices in development methodology such as, Agile Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming