Staff Software Engineer - Riot Developer Experience, Continuous Service Delivery
Job Id: REQ-0001515
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Continuous Service Delivery (CSD) team, you will report to an Engineering Manager and work with a passionate team of software engineers and systems engineers. We partner with the many game teams and services teams at Riot to solve relevant CI/CD problems for their developers. Our goal is to provide the tools, products, and workflows for these teams so that they can hone in on their areas of expertise rather than needing to learn the nuances of implementing and operating their own CI/CD infrastructure and tooling.
As a member of CSD, you will help provide a reliable, and efficient pipeline for code from local development all the way through to production. You will help lead efforts to construct an ecosystem of tools and products that integrate well with each other, remove friction from the development lifecycle, and empower all of Riot Engineering to "level up". Your role includes creating solutions that give both veteran and brand new Rioters the visibility they need to use and understand our products easily right from the start.
- Create and operate tools and services that improve engineering efficiency for Riot developers world-wide
- Work and align with partners on diverse teams to ensure we are delivering the correct features
- Reduce uncertainty in a complex and diverse problem space through technical discovery and prototyping
- 6+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role
- Have designed and led development on large efforts (6+ month scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, release, and leading development across multiple contributors
- In-depth understanding of modern design patterns and paradigms, especially around API contracts, and backend services that are reliable and scalable
- Experience with two or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Golang, C++)
- Experience with AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, EKS, Airflow)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).