Senior Revenue Accountant
Job Id: REQ-0001862
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you'll report to the Senior Manager of Accounting, you'll focus on accounting for latest game revenue streams including mobile and B2B and helping the team update its processes to work with a revenue system. This is a hands-on role requiring daily operational knowledge. It also needs you to bring a thoughtful approach to new issues. You'll collaborate within the team on process and with other teams including Game teams, Payments, Legal, Data, and accounting teams in our global offices.
- Run the full-cycle accounting for certain game revenue streams, including the daily work and finding ways to implement or improve processes
- Help implement revenue automation such as a revenue system. Collaborate with team on best practices
- Collaborate with other teams to stay on top of upcoming revenue projects; identify accounting risks and work with team to address them
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to understand the story behind the movements
- Work on multiple projects and ad hoc requests
- Prepare accurate financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Find resolutions for technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
- Work closely with manager and other teams on new revenue contracts
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- A combination of 4+ years of progressive experience in revenue and entertainment experience
- Experience with high volume revenue transactions such as credit card sales and related systems
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Mobile, console, and other game platform experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).