Technical Product Manager III - Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0002080
Your role as a Technical Product Manager is to work with Engineers on the team to create a state of Operational Excellence and Reliability. You will collaborate with leads with diverse teams to identify opportunities for improvement. You will work with varying team members and investors to ensure the team is satisfying the needs of Riot’s game infrastructure needs in a cost-effective way.
As a Technical Product Manager within the Riot Direct Team you will help manage the vision for a set of essential services that support the growth of our global production network and how we provide our players with the most reliable low-latency gaming experience possible. Riot Direct was setup to help us get our player traffic on to a high speed and reliable backbone as close to the player as feasibly possible and to ensure we could get traffic to and from our server locations as fast as possible. It has grown in scope over the years and also carries traffic to support our collaborative development environments, centralized multi-game services and even remote broadcast video production for esports events.
- Build the long-term vision and strategy for products as they mature, maintain a deep competitive awareness and identify global business opportunities worthy of investment
- Engage with our customers and partners, to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to balance investments across a portfolio of teams and projects
- Lead collaboration across our teams and customers and partners to guide feature priorities, product releases and customer engagement
- Lead the team in creating a process to ensure each new release has well-defined, essential metrics and the proper tracking mechanisms to measure key product and business metrics
- Define and measure goals for multiple teams and products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years professional experience in program/product management, operations analysis, or engineering
- Understand cloud infrastructure technology and how it is used by customers and the partner ecosystem
- Strategic vision experience including defining a comprehensive strategy and product road map, and gaining support from partners at all levels
- Experience working directly with engineering teams to ensure the products they build meet the needs of the partners and customers that use them
- Understand the technical effects of decisions and product change impact
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).