Staff Software Engineer - Wild Rift, Core Tech (Dev Workflows)
Job Id: REQ-0002906
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with a diverse team to create high-quality maintainable software and solve complex technical challenges to provide player value in a sustainable way.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Developer Workflows Team, you'll report to the Developer Workflows Engineering Lead and help us massively scale out our ability to develop the entire Wild Rift stack and achieve awesome player value. You'll be hands-on with a wide variety of tools and tech. You'll work across discipline lines to solve complex problems. You'll keep the game developers' experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, ensuring our team can easily develop and playtest our game.
As we are a global game working with many studios, you'll work with people across multiple time zones to ship the best possible game experience. Post COVID, and only when it is safe to do so, you may also need to travel internationally from time to time.
- Implement and support our build pipelines for Wild Rift's game engine (Unity based), client and services stacks
- Drive collaboration and alignment with various internal and globally dispersed teams
- Scale out our build nodes to support continuous integration
- Maintain internal environments to support development lifecycles across all disciplines
- Create and enhance developer tools and backend services
- Design systems that cleanly integrate with legacy and latest technologies
- Develop reliable methods of compatibility and performance testing across devices
- Create a unified approach for managing Wild Rift's internal source control and artifacts
- Work with developers and QA to ensure builds are stable upon release
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems
- Assist and support developers
- Mentor other team members through technical guidance and code reviews
- Contribute to software engineering best-practices
- 8+ years of experience leading automation efforts for medium-to-large teams
- Deep domain expertise in build and deploy architectures at scale
- Experience writing code in multiple languages (Python, C#, C++)
- Experience with and passion for CI/CD systems (Jenkins)
- Experience in source control systems (Git and Perforce)
- Hands-on working knowledge of cloud infrastructures (AWS)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Love building tools and productizing services that empower development teams
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engine (preferred Unity)
- Experience building automation for mobile games
- Experience building automation for console games
- Experience working with teams, especially remote, across multiple disciplines, time zones and cultures
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).