Game Producer II - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0003040
As a Game Producer II with a delivery focus, you will report to the Senior Director, Production and work with a team of accomplished developers to deliver features and content directly to players. The team you’ll join is a cross-disciplinary group working to create the new game modes and experiences that’ll shape the future of Legends of Runeterra. Your challenge: guide the team’s planning, tracking, and execution to carefully balance successful delivery with team health.
Partnering with a Product Owner (PO), you will make decisions that affect the culture and tone of the team, the work, and the resulting game content. The systems and improvements you put in place will ensure delivery of the best gameplay experiences for our players and the best working environment for an empowered, diverse team of developers.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is Riot’s collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. It takes a new approach to the digital card game genre, emphasizing deep strategy, rich characters, and a highly generous business model designed to give all players access to the cards and decks they’re excited to play.
- Partner with product owner to turn big ideas into trackable and shippable work
- Guide team through goals and metrics setting
- Utilize production systems, rituals and artifacts to track work and schedules to ship features on a regular cadence
- Own risk identification and create mitigation strategies
- Recognize and correct gaps in work processes; improve systems to maximize team productivity and team health
- Own cross-team communication within team and across teams
- 4+ years of experience in game development
- Understanding of game production, including milestone planning and risk management
- Have shipped at least one game, or multiple features as part of a development studio
- Experience overseeing the full life-cycle of game development
- Experience with iterative development methodologies such Scrum, Agile, and waterfall
- Fluency in production software such as JIRA, Favro, Hansoft, etc.
- Passion for fast iteration and MVP-driven experimentation
- Experience with live game service
- Mobile game development
- Scrum certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.