Producer II - Riot Game Operations, Extended Development Workforce
Job Id: REQ-0003153
As a Producer II, on the Extended Development (XDev) Workforce team, you'll guide cross-organizational change and unify functionality to enable game and platform teams to seamlessly partner with extended workforces to unlock opportunities for players.
As part of the team dedicated to unifying and expanding outsourcing capabilities for development teams, you will report to the Head of XDev Workforce and will lead projects to achieve that vision. You will build relationships across Riot and with external partners to promote creative cross-organizational solutions that provide scalable results for Riot. You'll foster an open work environment that keeps partners in the loop through reporting, visualization, and cross-organizational communication.
- Evaluate progress and identify the areas (resources, schedule, risks) that either require additional definition or are not being sufficiently managed
- Use success criteria and team goals as guides to build and adjust milestones and prioritize delivery
- Build timelines, work systems, and metrics to ensure the delivery of the products and improve team performance
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Build trusting relationships with partner teams and working agreements to manage joint projects
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- Manage team rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, demos, reviews and retrospectives
- Work with team leads to manage the team's backlog according to strategic priorities; break down strategic goals into team goals and user stories
- Lead user story definition, prioritization and acceptance of completed work.
- Ensure risks around development progress, velocity, team health, and product evaluations (KPS/Goals) are identified and addressed
- Keep the team focused during execution by discerning between emergent distractions and valuable pursuits.
- Manage communications with external groups on delivery expectations.
- Communicate and report outcomes and results to leadership.
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management or production
- Experience working with multiple crafts and disciplines to achieve of cross-organizational improvements
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA, Favro, AirTable)
- Experience managing projects in a consumer-focused technology or entertainment company
- Experience working with or on a game development team
- Experience implementing and maintaining enterprise solutions such as a CRM or VSM in partnership with internal finance, legal and IT teams
- PMP, Agile Project Management or equivalent certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, soft power skills, and execution that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.