Producer II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003152
As a Producer at Riot, you’ll support passionate, cross-functional teams in creating exciting content and experiences for our players around the world. You will encourage teams to communicate, guide development, remove roadblocks, and ultimately help drive our games into players’ hands, while making sure that our teams and workflows are healthy and sustainable.
As a Producer II for the R&D team, you will help steer and orchestrate our content pipelines, shepherd feature development, and coordinate production best practices with our production and gameplay teams to help deliver the best possible products to our players. You will use your experience in strong project management fundamentals, and broad knowledge of the game development process to support the product’s holistic vision. You will report to the Operations Director of the project.
- Plan, track, and support assets flowing through multiple content pipelines, coordinating hand-offs, monitoring bandwidth risks, and anticipating needs upstream and downstream
- Work closely with the gameplay team to plan, cost, and implement features and content, ensuring clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development
- Identify and resolve roadblocks to unlock developers and help them achieve established goals
- Build awareness around project goals, schedules, and milestones across the team
- Update and maintain documentation for scope and processes
- Encourage collaboration between team members and contribute to a positive work environment
- Monitor team health and work with team leads to cultivate good morale and productivity
- Help develop the team work system in collaboration with the production team and your co-leads, including how the team is structured, whether and how they report status back to the game team, and coordinate work across teams within that group
- Ensuring your team make and meet commitments
- Develop accountability rituals and continuous improvement processes wherein the team reviews their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what’s going on in terms of what team commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
- Understand the capabilities of the team and how those match to Initiative strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
- Proactively identify issues standing in the way of success (people, product, process), provide strategies for tackling them, own their resolution and evaluate results
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within your team
- Iterate on the production processes to continuously improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility
- 3+ years of professional experience working in game production on an internal development team in the video game industry
- Expertise with various project management frameworks (Scrum / Agile) and real-world experience leveraging them in a collaborative team setting
- Experience with project management software such as Jira and MS Project
- Knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the game industry
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- A passion & empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams.
- Experience working with game developers to create and scale repeatable game content pipelines, and knowledge of modern game art pipelines
- Experience shipping multiple games with production responsibility on important features and content
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.